Time and venue
24th – 28th of March, 2014, CoBIK, Ajdovščina, Slovenia
COBIK is an interdisciplinary center of excellence uniting Slovenian high-tech companies, universities and institutes to create cutting-edge solution for industry.
LBABio is a biotechnology start-up company providing solutions for biotech industry.
prof. dr. Aleš Podgornik
Who should attend?
- Anyone interested in downstream operations in bio-manufacturing.
- Employees from industry engaged in upstream and downstream processing.
- Researches challenged with purification of nucleic acids, proteins, viruses, and virus like particles.
- Graduate students and postdocs who want to increase their theoretical and practical knowledge of modern downstream processing.
Participants will receive
- Extensive overview of the current state of the art in downstream processing of bio-macromolecules and nanoparticles.
- Theoretical aspects of commonly applied techniques including chromatography, precipitation, liquid-liquid extraction, ultrafiltration, and crystallization. Special topic will be engineering design and scale-up of each technique.
- Features of specific groups of bio-macromolecules or nanoparticles including antibodies, plasmid DNA, and viruses.
- State of the art in-process analytics.
- Design exercise of separation processes for bio-macromolecules or nanoparticles based on collected results.
- Confronting opinions of participants, experts from industry and academia.
- Course notes in printed and electronic form.
- Course early registration fee is 2.000 EUR or 2.300 EUR including accommodation and all meals.
- Limited number of participation grants are available for participants.
- Registration is limited to 20 participants, so sign-up now! Registrations will be processed on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Accommodation will be organized in Ajdovščina.
- All participants should cover their travel expenses.
- The participants are also requested to provide an appropriate insurance.