Time and venue
15th – 19th of April, 2013, Marine Biology Station, Piran, Slovenia
On behalf of ICGEB BTC2013 is organized by COBIK, ACIB and LBABio.
COBIK is an interdisciplinary center of excellence uniting Slovenian high-tech companies, universities and institutes to create cutting-edge solution for industry.
ACIB is an internationally visible center of excellence of Austrian research and training activities in industrial biotechnology.
LBABio is a biotechnology start-up company providing solutions for biotech industry.
prof. dr. Aleš Podgornik
Who should attend?
- Anyone interested in downstream operations in bio-manufacturing.
- Employees from industry engaged in upstream and downstream processing.
- Researches challenged with purification of nucleic acids, proteins, viruses, and virus like particles.
- Graduate students and postdocs who want to increase their theoretical and practical knowledge of modern downstream processing.
Participants will receive
- Extensive overview of the current state of the art in downstream processing of bio-macromolecules and nanoparticles.
- Theoretical aspects of commonly applied techniques including chromatography, precipitation, liquid-liquid extraction, ultrafiltration, and crystallization. Special topic will be engineering design and scale-up of each technique.
- Features of specific groups of bio-macromolecules or nanoparticles including antibodies, plasmid DNA, and viruses.
- State of the art in-process analytics.
- Design exercise of separation processes for bio-macromolecules or nanoparticles based on collected results.
- Confronting opinions of participants, experts from industry and academia.
- Course notes in printed and electronic form.
- Course early registration fee is 2.000 EUR or 2.300 EUR including accommodation and all meals.
- Limited number of participation grants are available for participants.
- Registration is limited to 20 participants, so sign-up now! Registrations will be processed on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Accommodation will be organized at Marine Biology Station.
- All participants should cover their travel expenses.
- The participants are also requested to provide an appropriate insurance.